Introducing Zulu: Java for Windows Azure
Built and distributed by Azul Systems, Zulu is a JDK (Java Development Kit), and a compliant implementation of the Java Standard Edition (SE) 7 specification. Zulu has been verified by passing all tests in the Java SE 7 version of the OpenJDK Community TCK (Technology Compatibility Kit).
Zulu is freely available and distributed under the GNU General Public License version 2 (GPLv2) with the ClassPath Exception.
To get immediate access to Zulu, download Zulu here.
Key details of Azul Zulu include:
- Runs on Windows Server versions 2008 R2 and 2012 on the Windows Azure cloud
- Free and open source offering, based on OpenJDK
- Compatible with Java SE 7, verified using Java SE 7 OpenJDK Community TCK
- Integrated with MS Open Tech's Windows Azure Plugin for Eclipse with Java tooling
- Patches and bug fixes contributed back to the OpenJDK community by Azul
- ISV-friendly binary licensing for easy embedding with 3rd-party applications
Zulu Community Forums are listed on the Stack Overflow website under the tags "azure-zulu" and "azul-zulu".
For more information and updates about Zulu and the MS Open Tech and Azul Systems partnership, subscribe to the MS Open Tech Blog. For additional information contact Azul at AzureInfo@azulsystems.com.