Benefits of the Zing™ JVM for Cloud Deployments
Zing is a new, innovative JVM built on proven technology to deliver both response time consistency and large, elastic memory heaps. It is the only commercial JVM that provides the resource elasticity and high utilization efficiency needed in Cloud deployments. Zing provides a high performance, elastic Java infrastructure that provides guaranteed predictability, even under unpredictable load.
The Zing JVM removes barriers to offering Cloud services and to Cloud deployment for Java applications. Zing resource elasticity and instance management tools allow Java applications to leverage the benefits of the Cloud and enable new, Cloud-based business strategies.
The Zing JVM enables your business to:
- Leverage Cloud efficiencies for your Java applications.
- Launch new business models such as Cloud offerings or online services.
- Allocate resources flexibly to take advantage of Cloud elasticity.
- Assure consistent response times for users even during peak loads.
- Utilize cost-effective x86 hardware and existing applications with no porting.
- Speed time to market and deliver new features faster.
- Eliminate garbage collection pauses even at very large heap sizes, using Azul's C4 (Continuously Concurrent Compacting Collector)
- Gain operational flexibility - move logical servers between physical machines and simplify instance deployment.
Next section: Getting Started »